Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program of its kind in Toronto.
Are you a career-changer who wants to pursue medical, dental, or veterinary school but has little or no academic background in the sciences? Are you a college undergraduate who has decided on medical, dental, or veterinary school—and it’s too late to change your major?
Take a look at our program information below, our curriculum, and application requirements. Our post-baccalaureate pre-medical students who complete our program have an acceptance rate of close to 75% into health professions schools of their choice.
What’s stopping you from starting tomorrow today?
A Collaborative, Cohesive Community
Open to highly motivated men and women with successful undergraduate academic careers, this Post-Bacc Pre-Med program offers the rigors of medical school in a supportive environment:
- This 16-month cohort program features comprehensive studies in pre-medical laboratory sciences available through our undergraduate departments.
- Small class sizes only with others in cohort.
- Personalized attention from professors in a challenging program that prepares you for the rigor of medical school.
- Exceptional science and laboratory facilities.
- Engaged staff who support you with mock interviews, proofreading, guest speakers and committee letters.
- Linkage agreement with the Mercer University School of Medicine – students who are Georgia residents and meet the requirements can bypass the glide year and enroll in medical school upon completion of the program.
Compassionate, Supportive Environment
Dewey College Post-Bacc Pre-Med program facilitates a compassionate, supportive environment where students learn from their professors and peers within their cohort. We take a holistic approach by assisting with the academics, as well as aiding with an action plan for your MCAT preparation and medical school application process.
- Academic Advising
- Wellness Center & Counseling Services
- Personal Statement Development
- Resume Review
- Mock Interviews
- Health Professions information sessions
- MCAT & American Medical College Application timelines
- MCAT Prep Course available at reduced rate to PBPM students
Recent Student Outcomes
The success of any program relies on the successful outcomes of its students. Our PBPM students have high acceptance rate into health professions schools of their choice. Students can continue on into various medical, veterinary, Dental, schools in North America and the Caribbean.
Linkage agreements allow students to avoid the “glide year” (the year between filing the AMCAS application and matriculation) by initiating the application process to a medical program in the Caribbean medical schools.
Dewey college Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical (PBPM) students meeting certain qualifications are invited to apply as early applicants to Caribbean medical schools. By participating in the Dewey college- Caribbean medical school linkage program, you can be a year closer to reaching your goal of becoming a physician and avoid the “glide year”.
PBPM students who are admitted to Dewey college enroll in medical school immediately upon completion of Dewey College PBPM program instead of spending the next year applying to medical schools.
- What do you have?
A Pre-Medical and MCAT training
- What is it?
A basic required qualification program to get into Medical School
- How does it help me? Does it help me pursue other careers?
The program aligns yourself to be in line to become a Medical Doctor, A Veterinary doctor, A Dentist, or into Medical related profession of diagnostics and research.
- Am I eligible?
Yes, Contact school for Assessment. Minimum requirements are High School Diploma or Mature Student Status. (Based also on proficiency test)
- How much does it cost?
Please contact school for Fees and Financial Aid. Approximately USD 5000/Semester.
- How long is the course?
It is of 16 months duration, divided into 4 semesters of 4 months each. An extra 4 Months for an Additional fee if wanting to train for MCAT.
- What certificate do I get?
Post Baccalaureate – Pre-Medical Program Certificate (PBPM)
- I got an acceptance letter. How do I proceed?
You will receive an invoice, and after payment is made you will take it with you to apply for Visa and Study Permit.
- How to apply for a visa?
Visit the Embassy with all your documents and apply for a visa and Study Permit.
- Will the college help us find jobs?
We liase with companies and hospitals for placement opportunities.